Institutional Goals: Social Justice
Growing out of a firm belief in the dignity of each person, faculty and students at ACS strive to see the face of Jesus in all. They seek ways to embrace the poor and eliminate systems of oppression worldwide. A lively sense of social justice is encouraged through:
- deepening an individual and corporate consciousness of global women’s issues;
- fostering an all-encompassing attitude of reconciliation;
- practical training and work among the poor when possible;
- specific education in social justice issues faced by the students’ communities in their homelands;
- ongoing enabling of students to assist women and children in need, especially as international students return to their native lands.