Division of Natural Science and Mathematics
The division of natural science and mathematics aims to lead students to acquire not only the concepts basic to the structure of the science and mathematics courses but also an effective reverence for truth, a wholesome spirit of inquiry, a degree of scientific literacy, and a sense of responsibility for the wise and intelligent use of world resources. As noted below, our Division Goals are consistent with our Institutional Goals (IG). This cohesiveness ensures that this Division supports the mission of Assumption College.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental math and science skills necessary for higher education (IG 1, 2)
- Develop leadership skills through practical experience within the disciplines of math and science and apply these skills in a variety of formats (IG 2, 3, 4)
- Engage in community service opportunities that enhance the learning environment within the division of mathematics and the natural sciences (IG 3)
- Recognize the impact of the natural sciences in local and global communities and the implications for discussions regarding social justice (IG 4, 5)
- Examine and assess how an awareness of and respect for the viewpoints, cultures and customs of all people contribute to the world community and broaden our horizons by realizing our connectedness to all peoples (IG 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)